Critiquing Tip #37 - A character needs a pretty compelling reason to change his mind. This takes a lot of build-up and pressure. It also takes him seeing an opening if he would only change.
Free! - Private Writing Groups
- Submit your writing to be critiqued by your
writing group. Save a ton
- I'm here to critique a friend's work.
Online Writing Group
- Submit your writing to be critiqued by multiple
- Learn how to critique others' work
and do so.
- The cost is five dollars per submission or seven dollars
- Check out the rules of the game.
Similarities to Other Critiquing Websites
- Writing is critiqued by online peers who are trying to earn reading credits to submit their own work.
- For every page critiqued, a page can be submitted for critique.
Differences from Other Critiquing Websites
- This is not an open-forum based website.
- Writing is matched to readers who -
- have passed critiquing school.
- have indicated they want to read similar work.
- have to do the critique in a timely manner.
- know that the critique will be discarded if it is not helpful or offensive.
- Only people who were matched to the writing have access to it.
Get More FeedbackDon't be limited by what a few people around you say. See a world of opportunities when you get feedback from a larger, more varied population who would never say, "Sam, why are you writing about that?"
In addition to your normal critiquers, here you will have as many critiquers as you want who have learned how to be helpful and who don't have to worry that their relationship with you will be strained if they are honest.
Getting a lot of critiques also means that each critique won't carry that much weight. You'll be less likely to go down a rabbit hole because one comment happen to hit a nerve, either because of the comment itself or because of who said it. On the other hand, you will have a pretty good idea of what to do if everyone hits on the same thing. They will give ideas about what's wrong and how to fix it. You will see the problem from many points of view, which will open you. Your solution will come with more ease.
Get Quality FeedbackYour writing will be matched to multiple critiquers who are interested in reading your type of work. They will have a set amount of time to complete the critique. Many of them will be working towards credits so that their work can be critiqued, and they will be worried that you have the option to deny them credit for the critique if you do not find it helpful. And they learn how to be helpful in the critiquing school.
Any privacy concerns should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We take all privacy concerns very seriously and will respond appropriately and quickly. Our customers have been our number one priority and will continue to be our first priority in the future.